This position provides as needed part-time coverage for FRIENDS, Inc.’s Emergency Shelter and 24/7 Hotline. Fill-In Crisis Advocates support the shelter environment by assisting with general household organization and cleaning. Provides Advocacy to clients and offers support to their case plan.
Pay: From $16.50 per hour
Crisis Advocate Essential Functions:
- Provides trauma-informed care practices into service provision for all clients
- Answers crisis line, provides referrals, and completes database entry
- Complete intake and discharge paperwork with shelter residents.
- Provides advocacy to clients and offers support to their case plan.
- Maintain accurate database records for all hotline call and client interactions. May also include data from weekday shifts
- Supports case management plan by offering advocacy and resources, and acts as a mentor to families in shelter with everyday life skills. (Ex. parenting, nutrition, daily routine, cleaning, organizing, etc…)
- Facilitate evening house meetings on Wednesday and Sunday
- Complete security walk and checklist every shift
- Supports the shelter environment by assisting with general household organization and cleaning. Including; stores and organizes donated items, cleans spaces and stocks supplies throughout facility (shelter, restrooms, storage areas and general office area)
- Complete Daily Shift assignments which could include clerical projects, mailings, copying, etc…
- Provide verbal update to Supervisor or Advocate in Supervisor’s absence at the end of each shift
- Attends monthly all staff meeting, monthly shelter team meeting, and updates with Supervisor
- Supports and attends all FRIENDS special events and functions.
- Represents FRIENDS in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires high school diploma or HSED.
- Willing to train. Prefer knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, crisis intervention, and the trauma-informed service provision framework.
- Excellent communication skills; cultural competence and the ability to interact with diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong self-motivation and organizational skills to manage a variety of diversified tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism with sound judgment. ·
- Ability to work well in a team or independent environment.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Normal office environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Work schedule includes evening, weekend, and holiday hours
Interested in applying for the Fill-In Crisis Advocate position? Apply Now!